SCREENING TEAM APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE NOVEMBER 2021 FESTIVAL BEGINNING IN JANUARY
VOLUNTEER TO BECOME A DOCUTAH FILM SCREENER! Read the requirements below.
FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF SISKEL AND EBERT. BE THE FIRST TO REVIEW ALL THE FILMS SUBMITTED TO DOCUTAH FOR 2020!
The annual DOCUTAH International Documentary Film Festival(™) sponsored by Dixie State University, is entering its 12th season in 2021. It brings the best new documentaries from all over the world to St. George, UT.
Unique among film festivals, DOCUTAH relies on community volunteers to do the initial screening and evaluation of the films submitted for consideration. The screening team evaluations are then referenced for the final selection of films to be featured in the Festival.
To volunteer to become a screener, contact Susan ericksen at email@example.com
The basics of serving as a volunteer screener are:
- Forming & registering a screening team of 4-8 people, with one person acting as the Team Leader.
- Reading, signing and abiding by the DOCUTAH Screener Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Attending the Screener Orientation in March
- Knowing how to stream a video file from an email message link to a smart TV (free assistance available)
- Selecting a home that allows the entire screening team to meet & view the films together
- Following the Film Evaluation Form criteria in considering a film’s strengths and weaknesses
- Regularly attending weekly/bi-weekly screening sessions for several months